It's good practice to be prepared and know the steps to take if you're in an accident in Ohio. No matter how minor the accident, being prepared is the 1st defense. Having the proper insurance in place and knowing what to do in the event of a collision may help prevent any other injury or confusion.
- Injuries - immediately after the accident check to see if anyone is injured. If so, call 911 but if only property damage, the police can just be called.
- Stay Calm - stay at the scene of the accident but make sure you’re safe. If you’re vehicle is safe to drive but causing traffic, try to move it to the side of the road.
- At fault - avoid discussing who is at fault. Documentation is important. Make sure to exchange information with all parties involved.
- Information - make sure to collect names, addresses, phone numbers, vehicle information and insurance carriers.
- Carrier - inform your insurance carrier promptly.
Contact Moon & Adrion Insurance Agency if you have any questions about your Ohio auto insurance policy.